Thursday, May 21, 2009

slumming it

(src various flickrs)

Slumdog Millionare is a fantastic movie, straight up. It deserves everything it was awarded. I won't natter on about the story because I'm sure you all know the basics. My obsession has more to do with the colors used throughout the film. In perhaps the height of pretension, I had interior design on the mind because of my upcoming move. How's that for you; paint jobs based on the slums of Mumbai? Either way, I was extremely inspired by the faded brights, browns, yellows, and royal purples. Traditional Bollywood color schemes are overwhelming for the most part, but seen though a mask of dust and grime I think they become more beautiful. Also, as my roommate has an obsession with Indian culture and bright colors, this source of inspiration may be the perfect compromise of our aesthetics. I can't wait to start on this project! Only two months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment