Thursday, May 14, 2009

throwback


Just like trends come back around, pieces of clothing do as well. This jean jacket has been around since I was thirteen, serving me well throughout my girly junior high days, my experimental high school days, a stint with punk when I was a freshman in college, and now, it's back. The pins and studs are a little silly, a little juvenile, but I'm into it. It's perfectly worn in, and so comfortable. I've toyed with the idea of messing with it, bleaching it, or studding it more. I don't want it to become a trendy piece, though, and right now the little bit of work I've done on it is easily removable. I love that I can still wear it and plan to wear it for years to come. Funny how a little $2.50 purchase from Fashion Bug can last so long! I paired it with the striped tee, black jeans, and docs to play up its simplicity and classic feel. As you can see, I also can't stop wearing the Fleathers earring. Slightly obsessed. 

Listening to: The Shins- Chutes Too Narrow. Also a throwback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment