Friday, May 15, 2009

che

The Motorcycle Diaries is a seriously brilliant movie. I always watch these travel movies, like The Art of Travel, and get all inspired. I've been feeling extra antsy recently anyways, maybe because I'm very ready to move. It's been weird, though, like a few days ago I was on a language kick and was reading all these blogs out loud in the original language to brush up on Spanish and Italian. If I concentrate a bit harder I'm sure I can actually learn Italian, rather than just scrape by. 
Anyways, total off subject, because what I really want to rave on about is the Latin American vistas, indigenous people, motorcycles, and Gael Garcia Bernal.  They're all amazing. The film definitely captures the boys' sense of adventure and freedom as they journey up through Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, and finally Venezuela. Their love of the bike, the difficulties they endure because of it, the mishaps that occur: all so charming, hilarious and heartwarming. Plus, Gael is seriously so handsome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment