Friday, May 15, 2009

true blue

Crop top, thrifted. Obi, selfmade. Skirt, thrifted.
Shoes, F21. Large bracelet, present. Small bracelet, selfmade. 

I bought this skirt yesterday with the plan to dye it; my current interest in blue and washed out tones made me decide to dip dye it. I might go back and increase the contrast, maybe even getting it to be indigo at the top to white at the bottom. Still, I'm into the subtle pastel and can think of so many ways to wear it; next I think I'll go tougher and pair it with a chopped off gray tee or tank to accentuate the super tight high waist. The classic/feminine pairing I have here is more of an exercise in monochrome, as I tend to stay away from head-to-toe color and have to force myself sometimes not to dress in only black and grey. With summer, though, I can see whites, peaches, and blues in my future. 

Also, coming soon: massive amounts of alterations and DIYs, as I scored big this week- something like 14 items of clothing for $13!? Killer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment