Sunday, November 8, 2009

revitalization

Not much has been inspiring me lately, and I put the blame on my surroundings rather than myself. I'm realizing that I'm the only one who can change that- I have to take responsibility for that push and not wait for it to come to me; after all, creation always inspires further creation. The research and study of a concept, materials, and techniques often takes on a life of its own, changing the project or pushing it further. That gets me so excited. I was trying to remember and call back my mindset a year ago in school; I've never been so involved and dedicated to anything in my life. It was exhausting, the way it took over my mind and my life, but I felt so passionate I didn't care. That passion is missing; I've been running around for a while now with my brain shut off and I'm ready to turn it back on. I need to write again, like I was in June. Those little brown notebooks worked wonders. I'm not sure if I'll be writing more on here because stream of consciousness seems to be my favorite method lately and typing makes me lose steam. It's all about pen on lined paper.
In fact, I'm going to do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment