Tuesday, April 21, 2009

akiko


This breathtaking shot from Jak and Jil sent me on a hunt for more shoe photos from Akiko Ogawa- they were difficult to track down but at least I was able to find photos of her Spring 2009 collection, which is well worth a look. She's never been on my radar so I haven't seen these before. I'm into the oversize jackets and dramatic ombre.




These shoes were also from the Spring collection. SO sick.

I tracked down photos of her A/W collection, which was more difficult to find despite its showing at NYFW. She stays within a very similar color palette and silhouette, relying once again on ombre and shades of blue though the white of spring is almost universally replaced by grey or black. Standouts include the choppy pixelesque print, the boyish slouch look with flat boots, and the fuzzy (fur?) coat.



(jakandjil, nymag, thedailyobsession, fashionwindows)

No comments:

Post a Comment