Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thrifting Pleasures

Today ended up being an amazing day for new clothes: I have acquired a purple wool thigh-length coat, a red wool mini mini dress, a fuchsia knit knee length skirt, a sheer polka dot black button down, a grey shrunken blazer, a black jumpsuit, black harem pants, and a cropped faux fur. 

I WISH I HAD A CAMERA. 

Also a bonus of getting new clothes is that I always go through my closet to edit and junk things that are really hopeless; this venture always turns into experimentation with old things to make sure I can't find some way to wear them. A silk skirt turned into a one-shoulder top when belted, and two knit tops were reinvented as skirts. I usually don't have much time in the morning for shuffling through my closet so I love when I actually have time to try new looks out and re-familiarize myself with the contents of my wardrobe. Hopefully it'll result in some more adventuresome combinations!

No comments:

Post a Comment