Monday, December 15, 2008

Insomnia already?

My semester of sleep deprivation has messed up my schedule, and now that I'm caught up on sleep I can't seem to close my eyes during the proper hours. I'll use it to my advantage, and post some pre-fall collection highlights from Style.com.

There honestly isn't much that stands out; Burberry stuck to the classics under Christopher Kane, though I'm a fan of the color palette considering my recent collection for school (Black, grey, and aubergine of course). Still, I agree that the fabric in this coat is extraordinary. The rest is lavish and elegant, but nothing special.
























Lagerfeld's brush with Russia for Chanel showed some interesting texture and warm color. Personal favorites included the sweater with just a touch of the dowdy, and the embellished piped jackets with metallic pants.















































Do.Ri opened with with a great pair of pants- I must say I would wear a ruffled pair of pj pants all day every day if I had the chance, and paired with a tough top like this (so A. Wang s/s 09, no?) it hits the mark of sweet + sexy.























Check the rest out for yourselves! Even if you aren't a designer/can't afford designer clothes/scorn current trends, it's important to see what's out there and you might have a flash of inspiration amid the mediocrity.

xx
K.Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment